SAI Resolution on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
RESOLUTION: 2 - 2020
Whereas, the Board of Directors for the Spiritual Awakenings International (SAI) is both the legislative and governing body for the SAI non-profit corporation, and
Whereas, the Board of Directors has the fiduciary responsibility to oversee the financial and
business operations requirements of the SAI organization, and
Whereas, the Board of Directors had a discussion at a duly noticed Board of Directors meeting on June 12, 202A, which covered and generated a variety of concerns amongst the Directors, and
Whereas, the Board of Directors, at above mentioned meeting, desired to implement and
oversee the diversity, equity and inclusive policies and operational requirements of the SAI organization, and
Whereas, the Board of Directors has developed the following “Equity Statement” and “Equity Lens” to guide the SAI organization, partners and affiliates which meets and conforms with our beliefs and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion:
SAI EQUITY STATEMENT
“SAl as an organization and corporation, recognizes the historical and ongoing impacts of racism, sexism, religious intolerance, and oppression in our world, country and institutions.
We acknowledge we have room to grow as an organization and as individuals in our understanding of systemic injustice, racism, sexism, religious intolerance and other oppressions. We commit to ongoing alignment of our policies and practices to advance equity, inclusion, and freedom of expression for all involved or participating in our operations and programs.
We will continue to be open to a continual non-partisan internal examination. We will advance kindness and neutrality for all positions, including leadership roles, regardless of racial, social, cultural, gender orientation or identification differences, racial equity, age, disability, country of origin or religious beliefs.
We commit to a non-partisan ongoing alignment and review of our policies and practices to advance racial equity, inclusion and freedom of expression for all involved or participating in our operations and programs.
SAI envisions an environment where each person can participate, prosper and have access to our programs and dialog in supporting our mission with integrity and compassion.
With this understanding, we resolve to listen, include, and respond where bias and inequalities appear. We will confront oppression by developing solutions while honoring a diversity of needs valuing all.
To ensure our own accountability, we will utilize our “Equity Lens” to guide our decision making. We will seek relationships with organizations and individuals as our partners and affiliates for accountability to our diversity, equity and inclusion commitments.
SAI EQUITY LENS
ASSUMPTIONS AND OUTCOMES
- What assumptions are we bringing to the issue?
- What are the outcomes we hope to create?
- How will these outcomes increase or decrease racial and other forms of equity?
- What is non-negotiable?
ENGAGE MULTIPLE PERSPECTIVES
- How are we intentionally engaging muttiple perspectives?
- How are we engaging stakeholders who will be impacted by this policy,decision, or practice?
ATTEND TO UNINTENDED OUTCOMES
- Are there any potential unintended outcomes? If so, how will they be addressed?
- Are there any potential unintended barriers? If so, how will they be addressed?
- How will the decision process be communicated in an inclusive, culturally sensitive and responsible manner?
- By whom, how and when will the process be communicated?
- How will feedback from all involved be collected?
- How and who will these evaluations be shared?
- What was learned and incorporated from the experience?
- How will the evaluation process and learning potentially raise racial awareness?
NOW THEREFORE, the Spiritual Awakenings International (SAI) Board of Directors does hereby resolve that the organization will develop, support and ensure that diversity, equality and inclusion will be a priority and applicable to all organizational matters.
Approved by action of the Board of Directors.
Yvonne Kason – President
Linda Truax – Secretary
June 12, 2020